Animoto released an article sharing 6 ways you could use their program to create videos for your classroom. I have listed their ideas below, but you can view the original article here. Their site also includes examples of each video.
The ideas they mention are below:
1. Introduce yourself
2. Start or finish a new unit
3. Book Trailer
5. Research Report
6. Scavenger Hunt
- Commercials--have a fundraiser going on at your school and you want to motivate students to sell, sell, sell? Create a short, fun video filled with all of the cool rewards they can win if they sell a certain amount. They'll be all over it.
- School Rules--do the bathrooms keep getting vandalized? Are you having trouble keeping noise down in the cafeteria? Provide your students with quick reminder commercials throughout the year to help remind them of your school expectations.
- Shout Outs--Super proud of a student for turning in $100? Want to acknowledge another who did a random act of kindness?
- Events--Upcoming sock hop, football game, or wrestling match? Invite students to attend by playing an informational and exciting video. You can also share videos and pictures taken from an event that has recently occurred.
- Open House or any parent night--Wow your parents with a sweet looking video that shares pictures of all the fun you've had in your classroom so far this year. Snap pictures during fun lessons, field trips, recess, lunch, technology projects, and so on. You work hard to make your classroom fun and engaging. Let others know!
What to do first:
- Register for a FREE Animoto Plus account for use in the classroom. With this account you have a six month subscription and can create up to 50 Animoto accounts for your students and colleagues. Any type of personal, identifiable information must NOT be provided for students, even when establishing their accounts. You must supervise your students at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with the program by watching this short introductory video and creating your own video(s).
- Add your student accounts by following this step-by-step guide.
- Let your students start creating!
Let me know if you are interested in using this free program in your classroom! I will be happy to come help you with each step.
Below are some examples of Animoto videos I have created in the past:
- Preview of my fourth grade classroom
- First week of school.
- Introduction to weather:
- BES Math and Science Night
- Talent Show
- Christmas Concert